 Robotics / 10787
10786  |  10788
Subject:
TV Cameras
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:23:59 GMT

I grabbed a tiny survelance video camera I saw in a local electronics store.
I worked on the various problems of focus, heat, and the ubilical. After
some fiddling the image quality became very good. They had a color version
that was significantly fatter from front to back. Mine mounts on a 2x4 brick.

Yes the first wonderment is indeed just watching the world go by at
robot eye level.  I found a source for very similar cameras on the
web for about $80.  They are indeed about 1.5 inches on a side and
about 1/4 inch thick, with a bulge where the tiny lens or the pinhole
is.  I was quite disappointed in the pinhole version and added a lens
of my own and a heat sink.  The thing sucks a LOT of power through its
umbilical and does get hot in operation.

www.aloha.net/~mburger