 Robotics / 10244
  Re: Friction Pulley question

(...) The rubber ring grips the stud on the micro motor. You can then use it as a pulley or to connect an axle to the micro motor. They appear to grip tightly enough that they never slip within the torque range of the micromotor. Don't worry about (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction Pulley question

(...) Of the three I have, two grip too well, and one slips quite nicely (too nicely in some cases.) I don't know, maybe I added a little fingerprint lubricant to it. For the other two, I found a quick and easy way to add some slip: insert one or (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Friction Pulley question

(...) ... (...) You can use the pulleys as one stage of the gear reduction setup without using any or minimal additional space. Use a small bushing for the input. Put it as close to the motor as possible. Or you could go from a small bushing to a (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction Pulley question

Unfortunatelly I don't have a clutch gear. It's hard to find and I can't order kits with it outside US. :( Pulleys and clutch gears can solve the problem but they requires more space. I really don't know if the friction pulley was designed for that (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Friction Pulley question

I found a way to "regulate" the friction in the friction pulley. The point is that the axle doesn't need to be inerted all the way inside the rubber ring. You can insert it just a little and use small bushings to keep things in place. I used this to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)