 Publishing / 3116
Re: Brickshelf login problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:17:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It's still like this as of Jan 15, if anyone cares. There can't be just 2
people still having problems.

In lugnet.publish, Steve Barile writes:
Hi Kevin,
FYI: I'm still having the same problem as well. Exactly how Jim described it.

"I did the name and password thing. It gave me the Set Icon, Edit and all
that but when I clicked Upload it went back to like I was logged out." -JIM

SteveB

In lugnet.announce.brickshelf, Kevin Loch writes:
Some people have been having problems staying logged in to the
Brickshelf gallery.  Like most websites, the gallery uses cookies
to keep you logged in.  There have been problems in the past with
proxy servers (expecially with cable modem ISP's), and connecting
directly to the website usually fixes the problem.  In looking at the
code, I realized I had used the users IP address as part of the authentication.
The problem is that some ISP's use several proxy servers/transparent caches
which make the user appear to come from different IP's.  I have disabled
IP address verification in the code to see if that fixes the problem.

I am hoping this fixes the login problems, because if it really is a cookie
problem, the alternatives (messy URL's, POST queries) are highly undesirable.

In the future you will probably have the option of connecting via https.

KL