 Publishing / 2283
Re: Lego Maniac's Webring to move to LUGNET Soon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 21:26:54 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Tim Courtney writes:
This has been in the idea phase for a while, but what pushed me to announce
now was an email I received last night from Webring.  Unfortunately, i
appears that Yahoo has gobbled up Webring and will be forcing their identity
upon them.  So, I figured now would be as good a  time as any to let you all
know.

Hear, hear!  I've been boycotting Yahoo for a while now.  The farther we can
distance ourselves from their ad revenue generators, the better off we'll be.

Will you be doing the same for the LDraw Webring as well?

Also, will the Webring linking logic be kept after the move?  i.e., will the
"Next Link" and such be kept?  What changes might we linkees need to make to
our sites, other than just the obvious
s{www.webring.org/their.dir}{www.lugnet.com/our.dir} ?

Cheers,
- jsproat