 Publishing / 2182
2181  |  2183
Subject:
Taking pictures of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:52:40 GMT

I've got a quick question (although feel free to drift the subject as
much as you want):               :-)

What have people found to be the best material and color for use as a
backdrop behind their Lego models for taking pictures?

I've played with black, but it effects the metering and models with
black don't show up very well.  White has the same types of problems.
I've considered a neutral (50%) grey which would take care of the
brightness issue but may not look good as a backdrop.  Most other colors
would have too much effect on the "feel" of the model, or how well it
stands out given the colors it uses.

I've spent some time wandering fabric stores looking at material.  Many
that might look good are prone to collecting dust or getting wrinkles (I
don't want to have to iron my backdrop before each use).  Other
don't want to have to iron my backdrop before each use).  Other
materials (like felt or fleece) might be good, but their thickness makes
them a little harder to work with (and they collect fuzz).

The above questions should be generic and independent of the types of
models or the type of photography (film/digital).  But in my case I'm
looking at digital photos of MOCs, Star Wars, MindStorms MOCs, etc.

So, what have you found that works well?

Thanks.

--
                                               Brett Carver
                                               brett_carver@agilent.com