 Promotional / 381
380  |  382
Subject:
Shell Promo News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:18:59 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Sunday night I stopped for gas at yet another Shell Station here in North
Carolina in hopes that they might know something about the promo sets.  I
received yet another baffled "I have no idea what you are talking about"
look from the person on duty.  When I went back to finish pumping my gas I
noticed a sign on top of the pump that stated "If you have questions, call
Shell Consumer Affairs at 1-888-Go-Shell".  I figured if anyone would know
about the promotion, consumer affairs certainly should.

I called Shell Consumer Affairs yesterday and got transfered around a number
of times before being deposited into someones voicemail.  I left a message
asking how I could find out which retailers in my area were participating.
I didn't really expect an answer but this afternoon I got a call from a very
nice lady at Shell and this is what she told me.

The sets appearing in Southern California were part of a test market (along
with a couple of other locations).  The response has been favorable, in fact
she seemed rather surprised at the response.  The Shell promo will be rolled
out nation wide in early November targeting the holiday buying seasons.  The
sets will be the same as those available in California right now.  I told
her this was great news and I looked forward to being able to buy them as in
the past I had obtained them from people in Europe.  She laughed and said
something like "you LEGO collectors are interesting".  I then asked her if
she had received a lot of calls and she said "no, only a few".

So net-net, provided everything she told me holds true, it looks like we all
will get them eventually and the sets will be the same as the 1997 European
promo sets.  I would also have to say that my first experience with Shell
Consumer Affairs has been much better than I expected.

Mike

--

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh@mindspring.com

http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh