 Pirates / 547

Subject:
Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 18:41:17 GMT

According to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=253295912

6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Hey, for the current bid of $3.99, I'm not gonna quibble (of course, the whole
point of him saying it is a very large ship is to drive up the price).

Bruce

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Hey, for the current bid of $3.99, I'm not gonna quibble (of course, the whole
point of him saying it is a very large ship is to drive up the price).

True. Perhaps I should drive up the price...

In a week or so, I need to make another inventory of my pirate ship
parts. What has been amazing is how easy it is to get sails. I also
might have more 6271 center sections than 6280! (I have more brown
16-wide center sections though, and am close in red 16-wide center
sections, especially when 2 more 6289 arrive from Tim Strutt).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
[...]

I really hope you don't.  Some of us are trying to start a collection. (Like
me)  And it has already jumped quite a bit.

Yo Ho!

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Hey, for the current bid of $3.99, I'm not gonna quibble (of course, the • whole
point of him saying it is a very large ship is to drive up the price).

True. Perhaps I should drive up the price...

Too late for that!  I just put in an opening bid to get it to appear on my
personal page (items I am bidding on).  It's easier to keep track of that way.
Putting in an early high bid just invariably runs up the price.

In a week or so, I need to make another inventory of my pirate ship
parts. What has been amazing is how easy it is to get sails. I also
might have more 6271 center sections than 6280! (I have more brown
16-wide center sections though, and am close in red 16-wide center
sections, especially when 2 more 6289 arrive from Tim Strutt).

--
Frank Filz

It's easy to get sails?  How much are you paying?

Brown and red wide center sections I have plenty of now.  Two extra white
narrow.  No extra brown narrow.  I need non-existant black narrow.  :-(

Bruce

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Hey, for the current bid of $3.99, I'm not gonna quibble (of course, the • whole
point of him saying it is a very large ship is to drive up the price).

True. Perhaps I should drive up the price...

Too late for that!  I just put in an opening bid to get it to appear on my
personal page (items I am bidding on).  It's easier to keep track of that way.
Putting in an early high bid just invariably runs up the price.

Yea, the rich man's watch feature...  I did see in their announcements
that they will be adding a watch feature soon. Hopefully it will be
implemented such that on one page you will see all the auctions you're
bidding in plus the ones you're watching (though it would be nice to be
able to exclude the auctions which have got too rich).

In a week or so, I need to make another inventory of my pirate ship
parts. What has been amazing is how easy it is to get sails. I also
might have more 6271 center sections than 6280! (I have more brown
16-wide center sections though, and am close in red 16-wide center
sections, especially when 2 more 6289 arrive from Tim Strutt).

--
Frank Filz

It's easy to get sails?  How much are you paying?

I end up paying about $5 per sail. Pretty close to what they go for on
AucZilla.

Brown and red wide center sections I have plenty of now.  Two extra white
narrow.  No extra brown narrow.  I need non-existant black narrow.  :-(

Tell me about the need for black narrow... Dark grey would be nice also.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).
What about the sailboats?;)
Alan

Re: Gee, 6271 is now a "very large ship"!
6271 is a "very large ship". Of course there are 4 ships which are
larger, 1 the same size, and 2 (or so) smaller (the or so is 6493 and
the cutter from 6277).
What about the sailboats?;)

They're not ships...

Frank