 Pirates / 3976
3975  |  3977
Subject:
HMS Kestrel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 00:01:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello everyone!  I have been visiting Lugnet for over 4 years now, and just
recently became a member.

I wanted to show everyone my new ship (well, two-year old ship, actually) - HMS
Kestrel.

You can see her here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=88222

   His Majesty's Schooner Kestrel is a 13 gun schooner (I've added a pivot
cannon to the foc'sle since these photos were taken), built especially for
anti-pirate patrols.  While this is an exceptionally large schooner, it was not
unheard of for naval schooners to be this size, especially as their large crews
could handle the extra-large main and mizzen sails.

I've made some modifications to the ship since these photos were taken.  Both
boats are now grey (from the Adventurers line), the grey pieces at the bow are
now all black, the swivel guns are smaller, as well as other minor cosmetic
changes.  I've yet to make sails, however when I do so I will post new photos
with sails and all of the changes I've made.

The masts are NOT glued, and the rigging is made from black embroidery floss
passed in and out of the ship's hull to make it stronger.  The masts have never
fallen, and will not do so - they're stronger than they look, and just like real
masts if the mast is pulled in one direction, the rigging on the opposite side
grows taunt, and vice-versa.

I hope everyone likes it - if you have any questions or comments, please let me
know!