 Pirates / 1797
My first post: a question, and nostalgia :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 05:27:15 GMT

I just rebuilt my Black Seas Barracuda for the first time in probably 10
years!  (thanks to Brickshelf for the instructions)

Anyway, I was wondering if there's a place that has scans of the sails,
since I'm missing those. :(  I don't neccesarily need scans of the actual
sails as to just the outlines, but if someone was able to scan the actual
sails that would be awesome!  That way I could just print it out on some
nice thick computer paper as make-shift sails.

Also I'm missing a rat-line, which is kind of strange because I should have
at least 3 EXTRA ones from other sets that I had way back when. Anyone got a
spare? :)

I was also missing one of the center hull pieces. I designed something
suitable with black pieces though.  It's not anwhere as noticable as the
missing rat-line (and of course it has no sails at the moment.)

I sure had fun rebuilding it!  It's not 100% accurate (mostly pieces of the
same swapped out with a different color) because of missing pieces or I just
didn't have the patience to find some pieces.  One day I'll get around to
sorting out this 10 gallon box full of Lego I had collected over the years,
most of it being from older sets. :P

I remember building this thing the first time. Ah, those were the days.  I
also had the Carribean Clipper and Eldorado Fortress for the BSB to attack
and plunder. :)

Thanks!

Re: My first post: a question, and nostalgia :)
I've got 2 complete BSB sail-sets for sale/trade. If
interested I can send you an actual picture of these (one
set is mint!) + price

But, I'm also willing to scan them for you, no problem.

Reply to group or private.

Kind regards,
Klaas H. Meijaard - Zetten - Netherlands