 Pirates / 1299
Re: Pics of the Wraith
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:03:42 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen A. Campbell writes:
Arrr (etc.)

Hope you like her:

http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/PirateW.html

Like her?  I love her.

Why thank you!

Don't get me wrong, the Brikish Navy's Port Block squadron will still chase
her round perdition's flame etc,

Be watchful of the stern chasers then laddie.

but she's still downright gorgeous, in a
particularly sneak-up-on-you-and-kill-you kind of way :-)

I rather liked the black grim reaper-ish figurehead, but most of all I liked
the work around the sides of the stern, windows and arches and stuff - way
cool.  And the close-up photography was pretty <<expletive deleted to protect
the innocent and faint of heart>> fine too.

Some of the credit for those goes to you and HMS Sutherland. Were it not for the
inspiration of that ship the back end of the Wraith would be one butt-ugly rear
(so to speak.) It started life as a huge square block with windows, but luckily
I fixed it.

Nice work Steve.

On a technical point, what are the sails made of?
(And who's the dewd in the sunnies near the captain?)

Sails are made of black construction paper that's been repeatedly wadded up and
smoothed out. The sunglasses dude is Pirate Dave, the Quartermaster of Capt.
Redbeard's original ship "the Red Dragon," and narrator of chapter 2.

I've still got some rigging to do. The mizzen mast is now one (twisted) mast
extention base taller and will have a barque-rigged spanker (which may or not be
correct as my on-hand reference is limited) as will the mainmast.

More stories to come...

SteveC
http://www.widomaker.com/~litehous/Pirate/index.html