 Pirates / 1205
  Cannons

Does anyone know why they stopped making firing cannons and began making these ones where it takes five miniutes just to get the cannonball out? NICK #:^\ (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

(...) For the same reason that Kenner glued Boba Fett's missile into his backpack in the 80s... Fear of litigation and/or bad press from some stupid child poking his eye out or choking to death. Franklin (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

(...) But, keep in mind that sets from anywhere other than the USA will come with firing cannons. Buy a few Pirate sets from ETS-DYA, and you'll have a few firing cannons. And there's almost always *someone* floating around selling firing cannon (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Franklin W. Cain (<FyCACI.3Jq@lugnet.com>) wrote at 04:41:05 (...) Yeah, but the non-firing ones look much nicer. You get nice detailing on the outside, and not having a pin sticking out of the muzzle makes broadsides look all (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

(...) Forgive my newbieish question but there were firing cannons released in the U.S.? I was under the impression that like the firing Boba Fett, they never saw the light of day. -Sean Who always thought the Boba Fett was released until he found (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Cannons

(...) The first Pirate sets released in the US had shooting cannons. I have the 1989 US versions of the BSB, Caribbean Clipper, and Eldorado Fortress, all which have shooting cannons. I can't recall if the Forbidden Island I have has them; that set (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.pirates)