 People / 3417
Re: Top 1000 noisemakers & Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:52:24 GMT

Cool!  I doubled what I did the previous year.  Of course, I am a long way
from Larry still.  ...Waitaminute, the year isn't over yet.  I still have 38
hours to post 2134 more times!!   8-P

Anyway, how about a year-in-review, to see what all these posts were about:

It was a very good year for Lugnet, IMO.  We saw some great train shows and
gatherings from the LUG posters.  We saw great planning with layouts and
modular plans prior to BrickFest 02, as well as lots of excitement for the
other big fests.  I couldn't begin to count all the great MOCs we saw posted
to Town, Trains, Architecture, Robotics, etc.  We've seen Suz and Todd begin
to take steps to improve Lugnet.  We've seen new group admins establish new
sidebars and FAQs.  We've seen the development of Lugnet Polls.  We have
witnessed an increasingly helpful interaction from Lego Direct personnel.
And we have finished the year with some excitement for the new sets of the
future.

In the groups that I frequent, there was the IP2002 Space Building Contest,
the smash-hit Moonbase Module project, the Medieval Marketplace project, the
Medieval Town project, the development of several new strategy and
roleplaying games for the brick, and a neverending series of MOCs inspired
by one another.

And equally important to all this, I personally feel that I am closer to
several members of this community.  We shared a number of threads about
personal stories related to this hobby and how it has shaped our lives.  And
through our common interest (and the inherent intelligence many of us
share), I have come to interact with a few of you so frequently that I now
think of you as friends, even if I have never met you in person.  And
through all of this, many of you have made me laugh!

So, regardless of whether you are the #1 poster or the #2000 poster, I have
appreciated your contribution to this community during the past year!  Thank
you all!

May you Play Well throughout the New Year!
-Hendo