 People / 1969
1968  |  1970
Subject:
Meeting - April 28th - Southern California - Final Notice!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 15:29:13 GMT

Hi Guys,

It looks like we are going to have an even BIGGER gathering than last time!
We have almost 30 people confirmed and a few more possibilities.

To deal with the crowds, I'm going to be making the following changes:

- Not too many people used the tables or chairs last time and they just
ended up taking space.  I have the tables/chairs in reserve so if someone
wants/needs them, we can get them out.  However, I won't set them up ahead
of time so we can maximize space.
- The lawn is now sufficiently mature to use for whatever.  We can put
blankets over it and use it for trading area, or people can bring lawn
chairs if they want.
- As with last time, please bring an extension cord if you think you will
need power.  I have a few, but I did need the others that people brought
last time.
- If you are bringing huge amounts of trade stuff, try to be a little
considerate about using space so other people (possibly coming later) will
have room.  If you have 2-3 bins, them maybe only dump one out initially
until we are sure everyone will get some space.
- We got a lot of food/drink last time but hardly anyone ate!  We are going
to scale this back to match what people actually consumed (including a bit
more since there are more people).  Because there is such little interest in
eating/drinking, its probably not necessary to bring any additional food or
drink unless you really want to.  I think we will end up ordering pizza or
something again like last time.

Note that the "party" starts at 2PM, NOT 11AM as in the past.  This is to
facilitate people who are visiting LegoLand in the morning.

If you think you are coming, then please let us know.  See directions below.

The list is currently as follows:

Attendees:

2 Brad&Shelly Hamilton - Showing off Bricktopia (LEGO City) (LUGOLA)

1 Tim Courtney

1 Brandon Grifford

1 Larry Pieniazek (With Frank)

1 James Brown (With Frank)

1 Bryce Mcglone (- LUGOLA)

1 Dan Jassim (- LUGOLA)

1 Mark Sandlin (with Dan)

1 Mark Rideout  ( with Dan)

2 Clark Stephens & Morgan Wolfe

1 Jason Sutherland  (LUGOLA)

1 Brian Stokes (LUGOLA)

4 The Michons (LUGOLA)

1 Scott Costello (LUGOLA)

1 Adrian Elgi (LUGOLA - Southern California LEGO Train Club)

1 Robert Powell (LUGOLA - Southern California LEGO Train Club)

1 John Gramley (LUGOLA - Southern California LEGO Train Club)

1 Daniel Pearson (LUGOLA - Southern California LEGO Train Club)

2 Jeremy and Barbara Sproat

2 Jimmy and Betty (LUGOLA )

2 Rod Ripley and Guest (LUGOLA)

Possible Attendees

1 Frank Filz -   Bringing his Blacktron MOC

Ross Crawford

Mark Papenfuss

Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from South (San Diego & LEGOLAND)
Go North on the 5 and get off at El Toro road.  (about 1/2 hour north of
LEGOLAND) - Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Pass under the 241 toll road (it is the only "freeway" you will pass under
after the 5).
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn right.
Turn left at El Toro
Pass under the 241 toll road
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

RSVP????
We'd appreciate it if you could let us know whether you expect to make it or
not.  This will allow us to have adequate supplies of snacks on hand.
Please send email to:
bhamilto1@home.com

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.

Hoping to hear from you!

Let us know if you are coming!

Brad & Shelly