 People / 1168
1167  |  1169
Subject:
Flaming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 02:44:13 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everyone,

It has been a week or so since someone has left as a result of being burned by
individuals here on LUGNET. I am not about to point fingers but I just wanna
say we are a community of individuals who are coming together by way of common
interest. To repeat myself, IT IS JUST A TOY!!!

I have watched LUGNET develop over the years. I have been lurking for a lot
longer than most of you know. I remember when LUGNET was just a proposal on
Fibblesnork. And I have watched debates become arguments. I think now it is
time to ask that it stops! This year has been bitter sweet on LUGNET. Todd has
added many new 'toys' to LUGNET and we have seen an explosion in membership.
But the downside is the bitterness and infighting. Look I am not talking about
liberals vs. conservatives I am talking about cruel, personal attacks that are
unjustified. Member X may be wrong but it does not mean Member X is an idiot,
that is not an acceptable response. Explain why you disagree and move on.

In fact here is a tip to you if you feel any catharsis from a message and you
plan to reply... email it to yourself and see if you like getting that kind of
answer, if you can honestly say it is appropriate and you would not be
offended receiving it... wait a few hours and then if you can still say the
same. Then send it. If not...

SHUT-UP!!!

For all you geeks like me:

If Not(offended) Then
    Post
Else
    Shut-Up
End If

Before I go off on a rant, I am gonna end this post with asking everyone to do
more to cooperate in the future and not get mean and nasty. Those of you who
have been offended, can I ask a special favour from you? Can you please
forgive the offenders so we all can move on? Thanks.

Jude Beaudin
LUGNET Member #549

Let us all start a new slate and move forward.