Subject:
July 29, 2006 SMART meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 01:41:45 GMT

The next (NXT?) SMART meeting will be July 29th. At the March meeting we already
decided on the mini-challenge for this meeting.

The vote was for building a robot that could write or draw something. What you
have your robot write or draw is up to you. It could be something static or the
same each time your robot runs, it could be something that you somehow tell the
robot, or it could be a very artistic robot that draws something completely on
its own, and completely different each time.

If LEGO has shipped the pre-order NXT sets by then, you are very welcome to use
an NXT robot to do the mini-challenge. Our intention for the next few years is
to have all mini-challenges possible to do with the RCX as well as with the NXT,
though some challenges might be much easier to do with the NXT's sensors or
other capabilities.

--
  David Schilling