 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / *390 (-5)
Subject:
Meeting - Saturday, March 3, 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 00:33:06 GMT

RichLUG will hold its monthly meeting this Saturday, March 3, 2007, at the
Tuckahoe Library on Starling Road (off Parham, behind Topeka's Steakhouse).
The meeting will start at 10:00 am and run until approximately 12:00 noon.
We will be in the (very) large conference room upstairs, right off the main
atrium.  Please stop in if you are in the area!

Tim
RichLUG member

Subject:
RichLUG to display at Virginia Aviation Museum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:46:52 GMT

The Richmond Lego Users Group (RichLUG)  will once again present a display at
the Virginia Aviation Museum's seventh annual Wings n' Rails show in Richmond,
Virginia, on March 25-26. Hours for the event are 9:30 am to 5:00 pm both days.
The museum is located at the Richmond International Airport in Sandston,
Virginia: http://www.vam.smv.org/

Hope to see you there!

Bert

Member, RichLUG

Subject:
GATS 2005 Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:12:39 GMT

I've uploaded pics from the GATS 2005 show to our RichLUG folder on
Brickshelf.

Dustin

Subject:
In Virginia Beach this week (6-8 Dec 2004)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.va.nor, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.org.us.hardlug
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 15:07:08 GMT

I will be in VA this week, or part of it. I fly out tonite, getting in late. I
am for sure going to be around tomorrow (Tuesday) nite, but depending on the
needs of the client, may or may not fly home Wednesday, or stay later.

if anyone is interested in getting together, drop me a line or call my cell,
it's not hard to find the number as it is on any email I've ever sent, just
about.

I am flying in/out of Norfolk, and staying at a Courtyard in Virginia Beach.

Would LOVE to hang with folks!

Subject:
RichLUG/HaRdLUG GATS Display on TV News!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.org.us.hardlug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:08:45 GMT

I finally have something to post about...

This past weekend, the Richmond and Hampton Roads LUGs put on a combined display at the GATS show here in RVA. This was the first time appearing at a GATS show for either club. The organizers awarded our display with a Third Prize ribbon which made us feel even prouder of our work.

The local TV news coverage of the event provided us with an even better form of recognition by showing video of our display as the backdrop to the story about GATS. This story was broadcast on Sunday evening, July 18th.

During that afternoon we spotted a cameraman and reporter from the local NBC affiliate taking some shots of our stuff. We chatted with the guys for a few minutes and promised to be watching that night which may have figured in to them choosing us to represent the entire show. That’ right - they didn’t show any video from any of the other train layouts. Our LEGO display was the only thing seen during the 25 seconds that the newscaster talked about the show.

Unfortunately our clubs didn’t get mentioned by name but that’s ok. That will teach us to get some kind of big banner with our club name on it to hang in the background.

Since the local NBC station also provides the news for the Fox affiliate here in town, we actually made two different broadcasts. The video used was the same for each story but the narration covering the event was slightly different for each. Each broadcast was about 25 seconds in length.

I rendered the clips into MPEG files and have them loaded to my TubeVision site. Each one is fairly small (around 2 MB) and you can download them by right-clicking on the links below:

10 PM News FOX 35

11 PM News NBC 12

Enjoy!

P.S. We should have some pictures from the show up soon but I wanted to go ahead and post about this in the meantime.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact