Subject:
Brikwars at OurCon 04
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:45:20 GMT

Hi all!

I know this is arguably early to be discussing it, but the organizers of
OurCon have been pushing me to inspire/suggest/develop event ideas for their
convention next year.  One of the things I tossed at them was that I knew of
some BrikWars players (hint hint, you) that are always up for a game if
space can be provided.

Some background:
OurCon is an annual Gaming Convention based in Western Mass.  It has been
running for maybe ten years now, usually hosted by the Game and Hobbyist
League of UMass.  During the late 1990's, I was a regular game master at
this con.  After a series of rough years for the management, a new coalition
of game masters (led by an associate of mine) has taken the reins and
ambitiously aims to bring OurCon to its former glory by starting planning of
2004 immediately.

The dates for OurCon '04 are April 16-18 2004.  It will be held on the 8th
and 9th floors of the UMass Campus Center, UMass, Amherst.

I am not officially representing OurCon, but I guess you could consider me a
liaison for any Lego related activities that might take place there.  I am a
newbie for BrikWars, but am hoping one or more of you might volunteer to
host a game (any takers?).  I may help with scenery and such, as well as
coordinating and reserving space.  So mark your calendars now for April '04
and let me know what y'all want to do.

-Hendo

PS  I will also be organizing a Space Display, separate from any BW game,
for this Con.  Moonbases and Monorails will be welcome!  More on that at a
later date.  :)

FUT: .org.us.nelug