 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 197
Re: GATS Show in Raleigh/ June 23-24, 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:25:01 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Just stirring the pot again...

Where are we by the PNLTC FAQ?
http://www.pnltc.org/Articles/Article_ShowPrimer.html

Is this where we should be? Timetable?

I'll have to wait until I am online to review this, I am in the back of a
Taxi right now.

Yet to be deteremined will GATS conflict will Brickfest?

Recap:
+Mike Walsh, chief organizer
+Frank Filz (if no conflict w/ Brickfest 2001?)
+James Beerman
+Sheree Rosenkrantz
?visiting and lending stock, James Trobaugh from GA

Others? please chime in ............

There are others (three that I know of that don't participate in LUGNET, I
will try and nail down commitments from them ASAP.

All the LTCs and LUGs that have shown at GATS have been really • outstanding.
[uh...We will be too? ]
I want to do this, but I am starting  to get some butterflies...

sheree

We had a great time at the NHVRY and we actually had more stuff than we
could fit in the small space.  I think we will be fine.  We don't need to
"compete" with the other groups to have a good time.  However, I will get
working on a layout plan so people can start claiming real estate for
planning purposes.

One thing I am sure of, we will have plenty of trains.  I ran into Frank
Filz at Target (small world - he was speaking with my brother-in-law as they
combed through the LEGO clearance stuff) the other day and we discussed the
train show and trains in general.  I have come to the conclusion that I have
about 20 different trains (between LEGO sets and MOCs, some complete trains,
some just engines) and a bunch of rolling stock.  If we just had to depend
on my trains we would be okay but that isn't the point.  We need everyone to
contribute however they can.  If we run out of time I have a bunch of older
LEGO Town (Fire Stations, Gash 'N Wash Express, etc.) that could be used to
fill space.

I have come to the conclusion that I like freight trains much more than I
like passenger trains so I have been thinking of building some sort of
always under estimate how much time it takes to build something.  I will
also probably build some sort of downtown theme either modeled after
downtown Apex or downtown Cary (I like Apex better so it is more likely).

All for now, I'll look at the PNLTC checklist this evening some time.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot