Re: Sci-Fi convention
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
I received a message from a Stilyagi person in charge of programming for a sci-
fi/fantasy convention called Contraption, June 22-24 at the Eastin Hotel in
Roseville, MI. He'd like to know if we're interested in showing stuff at the
convention, and maybe hosting a panel on LEGO building. Here's a link for the
convention...

   'Traption is in **June**?!?  What gives?  It used to be in
   April.  :(

Any interest in displaying at a sci-fi convention?

   I'm just wondering how the convention space is for a full-time
   display--not to mention security.  Maybe if you put it close to
   the Hucksters' room, Richard Tucholka will watch it all night,
   or sleep in front of it, or something.

   ConFusion did have on-hand a rather interesting display of
   computing antiquities.  8" floppies, yeeee-ha!  And playing
   the old 2600 tank battle game was a great rip.  Oh, and of
   course, we actually broadcast Radio Free ConFusion all weekend.
   ConTraption is always a good lot of fun too, but I've missed
   the last three.

   ...oh yeah, we tossed stuffed animals down the 4-story
   vestibule in January, but that's another story.

   best

   LFB