Re: making video, need advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:37:06 GMT

Well you know Eric did it for the NYU cover:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=127

He doesn't mention if LEGO had any input on him doing this.

jt

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Amy Hughes writes:
A visit to *snip* leads me to believe this is for a commercial
project. Advertising, no less. If I were the modeler (no, I won't do it) I'd
want to know this up front, I'd want to be in the position of accepting or
rejecting the final product (the video) since you never know in what light
marketing types will present your work, and I'd want to be compensated fairly,
and up-front.

Speaking in my "former employee" mode:  The LEGO Company does not usually
allow people to use LEGO products in advertising.  I don't know what TLC
might say or do if someone used LEGO bricks from their private collection in
an ad, but they would probably be unhappy...

LEGO has a brand image and reputation that they want to protect.  If people
see LEGO toys in an ad for something, they might think that LEGO endorses
that product or company.

JohnG, GMLTC