Subject:
Pics on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 01:45:36 GMT

The following pics are from yesterday's (8 September 2001) MichLUG/LTC meeting.

I had brought some stuff that needed sorting, we had a sorting bee, and as a
reward I threw a little contest.

What these folks are doing is trying to assemble one of last year's Happy
Meal sets without the instructions and without opening the bag. It's pretty
hard as the bag is too small to manipulate the parts very effectively. Still
we had a winner in under 5 minutes.

Our first place winner got his pick of prizes, and so on, until everyone
playing (who had helped sort a boatload of siths and soccer buses) got a
prize. Unfortunately scatterbrained me forgot to write down the winners in
order but I do remember that Trevor finished first but was slightly off (one
plate was misaligned by one stud, and our host, Steve Ringe, finished right
behind him but was correct so I awarded him first and Trevor second.

This was loads of fun to watch too. Just check out the intent faces.

Note that Chris and his wife are not totally happy, that's because they DQed
for opening the bags right after I said "and don't open the bag"...

X to build because these guys technically ARE building... but FUT to our
group, unless you want to discuss the gaming aspects in which case change
the FUT...

Also note the Detroit Tigers trashcan. Somehow seems fitting given their
performance this season, not that I care.