Subject:
LUGOLA Meeting - Saturday, March 24th - For sure this time!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:34:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LUGOLA Meeting March 24th

Well, its time to get together again to share MOC's, trade, and enjoy LEGO
together.

This time its at our house in Southern Orange County.  Hopefully, we can get
some of the "Southerners" to attend.  This date was in doubt for a while due
to landscaping hassles, but we appear to be beyond the tough part and should
be all finished by that time.

MOCS
I'd like continue the little "show-and-tell" session that we had at the
previous meeting.  I'll be showing off my latest LEGO city, Bricktopia:
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm (seems to be down right now,
but it should be up later)

If possible, bring any new (or old) MOC's that you have.  If you need any
special viewing conditions (like something big), please let me know.  Also,
let me know if you are going to need a power outlet nearby (in case we have
some outdoor viewing).

Pictures or video's of previous MOC's would be great too! I'll be showing a
short (about 10 minute) video of some of my earlier cities if anyone is
interested.  If you bring a video, try to pick the best 10 minutes or so out
of it.

If you have computer MOC's then it would be great if you could print out a
picture or two of them.  You could also email me a link to a web posting.

If you want to send me information on what you intend to show, I'll send an
updated email out next weekend with all the info about what people intend to
bring

TRADE
Trade usually eats up the bulk of the meetings.  People (including myself)
have been bringing sets for sale, MOC's for sale, money (always useful), and
BIG bins of parts (most popular).  I will have space reserved for us to dump
these bins on the floor so we can go through each other's stuff.  Dave
Johann used to set up a cool web link for us to discuss trades prior to the
meeting.  Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.  How about this?  If
you send me your trade page links or trade information, then I'll re-send
out that information to the whole group as an email next weekend.  This
should give people plenty of time to search for parts.

FOOD&DRINK
We will provide snacks and drinks.  There is a taco bell, McDonalds, and
Subway really close.  A bit further, you can find In&Out, Islands, and a
bunch of other things.  We can always order pizza too.

LEGO SHOPPING?
There are a few targets and a Wall-Mart nearby but they NEVER have deals
anymore.  Sorry - Nothing exciting here!

PICTURES?
I can offer digital camera services to people that want to take pics of
their MOC's.  You must have somewhere I can email it to (or post to
brickbay?) or bring a few floppies.  We have a crappy printer so don't
expect hard-copy.

FAMILY?
My wife always comes to these gatherings despite the fact that she only
dabbles in LEGO.  If you want to bring your Non-LEGO Significant other then
that's great!

TIME
Saturday, March 24th starting at 11AM until whenever.  You can feel free to
come a bit early if you want to set up something big or complex.  Just let
me know.

WHERE?
Our address is:
Brad and Shelly Hamilton
10 Copperstone Ln
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
Home: 949-859-8024
Work: 949-727-1733 x364 (Brad)

Our house is NOT on the Yahoo maps and is only on the 2001 Thomas Brothers
map.  It is in a new neighborhood.

Directions from North (LA):
Go South on the 5 or 405
Get off right after the El Toro "Y" (where the 405/5 meet) at El Toro Road.
Get in the left-most lane to get off!
You will turn left as you get off onto a side street and then left again
onto El Toro.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Directions from South (San Diego)
Go North on the 5 and get off at El Toro road.  Turn right.
Then, follow the Local Directions.

Local Directions:
Go WAY up El Toro Road (several miles) - you should be going East (towards
the mountains)
Pass under the 241 toll road (it is the only "freeway" you will pass under
after the 5).
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

Directions coming south on the 241 (Bryce - probably good for you - It will
cost about $3 each way)
Get off on Portola Parkway and turn right.
Turn left at El Toro
Pass under the 241 toll road
Turn right on Wandering Trails ( its the 2nd right after the toll road ).
Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto Copperstone.
We are about the 5th house down on the right.

RSVP????
We'd appreciate it if you could let us know whether you expect to make it or
not.  This will allow us to have adequate supplies of snacks on hand.
Please send email to:
bhamilto1@home.com

HOUSE
We have brand new carpet that is a really light color.  When inside, we ask
that you remove your shoes to help preserve our carpet.

Hoping to hear from you!

Let us know if you are coming!

Brad & Shelly