 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / *893 (-5)
Subject:
LUCNY to show at the New York State Fairgrounds 11/5, 11/6
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 21:39:31 GMT

LUCNY will be in attendance this weekend at the Central New York chapter of the National Historical Railroad Society’s 31st Annual Train Fair at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York.

This venue contains 150,000 square feet (!) of operating layouts, vendors, exhibits, train activities and memorabilia spread across the two largest buildings at the Fairgrounds; the Center of Progress building, and the Horticulture building. It’s hard to see it all in one day!

These two permanent fair buildings are converted into a huge model train show event each year, of which LUCNY is proud to be a part of. This year’s display features a layout area of approximately 16’ x 20’.

You are all cordially invited to stop by and visit our dynamic layout. AFOLs and visiting club members are welcome to bring models to run on our three concentric full-run track lines, or share other MOCs and talk shop, of course. We have a lot of fun at this show, and look forward to larger crowds every year. We always have tons of track and yard space to show off our ever-expanding engine and wagon collection. Come see LEGO creativity, automation, and building techniques in action!

The show is scheduled for Saturday, November 5th from 10a - 6p, and Sunday, November 6th from 10a - 5p.

Admission:

Adult one day $6, Adult two days $10

Child(14&under)&Seniors $4

Parking is free.

Please stop by and introduce yourself!

For more info on the venue: http://www2.nysfair.org/expo/calendar/

For more info on the CNYNRHS: http://www.rrhistorical-2.com/cnynrhs/

Ed

Subject:
Quick hello To LUCNY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:07:52 GMT

Just a quick hello to all our old friends at LUCNY.

Re: Layout roads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:57:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   You know I am in agreement with using the earth tone colors for buildings and also agree with the approach to not dusting, or, not frequently dusting the layouts.

We fellow “Ashcanners” are one:-)

Well, it IS cheaper than weathering paint! And more prototypical.

Not to mention cheaper labor costs!

And BTW: you can’t really dust for vomit! ;-)

FUT.fun

JOHN

Re: Layout roads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:50:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   You know I am in agreement with using the earth tone colors for buildings and also agree with the approach to not dusting, or, not frequently dusting the layouts.

We fellow “Ashcanners” are one:-)

Well, it IS cheaper than weathering paint! And more prototypical.

Re: Layout roads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 13:34:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm wrote:

Nate Jacobs is the builder with the brick roads.  He can provide you with
details, building tips, advantages, disadvantages, etc of the brick roads.

*SNIP*

Kevin Salm
LUCNY

Actually, Kevin made the roads with lots of Dremel cuts...

:-)

Ed

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact