Subject:
IndyLUG's Castle layout @ C&P Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 02:02:50 GMT

On the weekend of February 25 & 26, IndyLUG displayed at the Child and Parent Expo at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis. Half of the layout was Castle/medieval themed. Thanks to Matt Bieda, Jeramy Spurgeon, David Gregory, John Kyle, Alex Taylor, Nathan Theising and Leah Cardaci for making this year’s Castle layout another great one.

The Castle area started off with a sea full of Vikings and pirates invading the shore. I’ve seen large groups of ships before (Evil Stevie’s Pirate Game at Brickfest), but there’s just something super cool when you see so many grouped together on blue baseplates.

The layout also included a castle with a CCC wall around it.

In the center of the Castle area we had a scene from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The scene was, of course, the huge battle from the end of the movie/book. We were hoping that lots of kids would have seen the movie in the past few months and would recognize the characters from it, and we were delighted when many of them did.

And what Castle layout is complete without lots of castles, fortresses and other various medieval structures dotting the landscape?

Then there’s all the neato minifigs that you just have to have.

Last but not least, the far end of the layout had a dropped down area. It’s always nice to have some way to add differences in elevation to the terrain.

Here are links to the whole Castle area folder and the whole Narnia folder.

Enjoy!

David “Fuzzy” Gregory
IndyLUG Secretary