 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 548
547  |  549
Subject:
Recent Events Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:54:05 GMT

Hi all sorry i haven't been posting up to date information but here is a quick
recap

1. We had a Meeting Dec 5.  We met a new member Bonny a friend of Jen.  We spent
some time looking at Jen's newest creation. Talked plans for up coming shows.
And Sorted through Lego bins (and for some reason found mega blocks). We talked
about the next Dover train show.  Eric brought his newest moonbase (the big red
one) and pointed out many of the features.  Jen brought the donated kits of
dinosaurs.  We decided to use them as prizes when we did train shows.  We were
invited to come back to the Dover show in Feb and also got invited to attend K's
Toy Train show in Colonia NJ.

2. Jen, Bonny, Augie and I attended the Dover train show on Dec 19th and drew a
crowd of children to our layout all day.  Jen suupplied a bunch of houses and
stores.  We also built a snow hill with skiers and snowboarders.  We added snow
to the layout for the winter.  And Bonny made a mega cool christmas tree for the
park area of town.  We made a play area for the kids again.  The kids made mocs
and got a prize of one of the dinosaur baggies.  The most amazing creation was a
micro town with ocean and ships made by two little girls.  Totally awesome.
Again Don Brills was a wonderful host.

3.  My step mom and dad helped me organize my basement so that I have tons of
space to create a huge train layout.  Also I got a gas stove for the basement
and now it is warm as a tropical paradise.  Can't wait for the next meeting and
have everyone sitting around the fire talking Lego

4.  Augie, Jen, Bonny and I attended K's Toy Train Show in Colonia NJ.  This
time Jen did not have to drive too far.  The host James was very accomadating
even though we suprised him by showing up.  The setup was very well recieved.  I
added a Merry Go Round which kept tearing itself apart all day.  But people were
still amazed.

5.  Next Up Jan 30 meeting at my house and Feb 6 Dover Train Show

6. Up for future consideration:

  A. Wayne NJ PAL Train Show
     http://www.eastcoasttrainparts.com/wayne.htm

B.  Franklin NJ Show
    http://www.dodie.com/showthisevent.asp?classkey=2613&userid=lag

Thanks Jen and Bonny and Augie for the help and public relations talents.

Patty