 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 529
528  |  530
Subject:
Dover Show Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 14:48:20 GMT

The Dover show was a success with our layout drawing a crowd all day. We also
setup a play area which drew children all day long. Many children made creations
and added them to the layout.  One was an incredible crocodile which naturally
went into the pond.

We handed out catalogues, book covers, and various flyers about the club and
gave out Lego club cards from the sets we bought.

In attendance was Paul and Jen.  They were a huge help throughout the day.  They
spoke with many people and ran trains all day.  The show provided two free
passes and two lunches which we spread out between the four of us.

Don Brills is very professional and knows his business.  Everything ran smoothly
and with incredible ease.  No stress involved.

Even model rail road people liked it!

The next show is Dec 12.  Don Brills, the organizer, made sure that we would be
coming as his publicity would include our layout.
Augie and I will be attending the FLL competition on the 11 Dec and can not
setup early.  So we have to setup the day of the event starting around 7:00 am.
Don Brills lets the layout people come a day early to setup. This really helped
us because we forgot several things, like an extention cord.

(Pictures to come soon)

Unfortunatly we did not make the papers as they ran out of room.  Maybe next
time.

Patty