 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 522
521  |  523
Subject:
Nov. 7 Meeting Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:01:27 GMT

Train Show Nov. 21:  Jen will be adding two buildings, a quicky mart and a
prison, with complete interiors.  Also hopefully she can make some houses as we
only have two right now. We will have 8'x 5' tables at the show and will be able
to add a whole row of buildings on the outside of the track.  Our train layout
will be in a press release to Daily Record.  I am preparing that today.
I will be packing up the layout this week for transporting.
I made two handouts for the show.  One is a links paper and the other is a FAQ
about the club.
Yes the BNSF is on the track.

Event kit materials:  Eric dropped off event kit materials which include book
covers, cardboard standup display, some brown bricks with a Lego decal, and more
brick to be incorporated into the train layout.  The book covers will be handed
out at the train show and to the FLL team.  And there will be plenty left over
for other events.

Films: we viewed the Channel 21 video about Eric's mecha and the trailer for the
documentary.  The trailer was excellent.  It is top quality and very humorous.
Also the meeting was filmed for the documentary.

Future Plans: There are a few things to think about for the future.
1. What to bring to BrickFest
a. trains- get a space in the train display (9x9 baseplates standard)
b. monorail- definite
c. moonbase - whether this or trains, not enough space in the car for both
d. town - Jen will be bringing her creations
e. some kind of group project

2. demonstrate the FLL robot in schools, Boy Scouts

3. Next train show is Dec. 12

4. Next meeting Dec. 5 at Patty's house

5. FLL competition Dec. 11

MOCs: Jen showed us her quicky mart and her prison.  The detailed interiors were
excellent.  She has many interesting pieces that I haven't seen.  She is working
on a home depot and is looking for orange and tan pieces.
Eric brought Krinkles a yellow cat mecha.  Amazing.

Paul and Sashi were busy and could not attend but will be coming in the future.

As a side note:  I apologize for my bad hostess tskills. I am not the best at
organizing social events.  Please feel free to ask me anything, like lets go out
for pizza.  I want you to feel at home.

I had a great time and the time went way too fast,

Patty