 Organizations / United States / CLB / 38
Re: CLB Flyer (was: promoting CLB at the ...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:20:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Jason Spears wrote:
   We don’t currently have a flyer, but I’m willing to modify the MichLUG one for CLB use. (I’m guessing that OnDrew will be fine with us leaving some flyers around.)

Ok, I looked over the MichLUG flyer and it is far more train and club display orientated than I remembered. I think it might be better if we started from scratch. Once we have the verbage worked out, I’m willing to lay it out in a pdf. (Or maybe Matt could help, word has it that he does graphical design for a living.)

Anyways, straight from the website, here is a place to start:

Our Purpose

Chicago : Our events are held in the Greater Chicagoland area, but our membership is open to anyone who wants to participate.

LEGO : We are an all-themes-inclusive group. We include all those who promote, discuss, or simply enjoy creating wonderful and amazing things with LEGO-brand plastic building blocks. We are not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by The LEGO Company (TLC), which owns all rights to the trademark LEGO.

You : We invite all adult fans of LEGO (AFOL) to participate in our organization. In addition, our games are open to participation by teens (14-17) with parental permission, and our shows are open to the public. To build a better club, we need you!

Builders : The plastic blocks we work with automatically bind when placed together, so we can build large and intricate structures without glue or cement.

So how do we want to expand upon that? What key points do we want to communicate to people who pick up our flyer?

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | CLB | MichLUG