 Organizations / United States / 759
Re: New LUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 22:44:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Brian Pilati wrote:
Can someone please let me know how to get a new LUG registered both on LUGNET as
a mailing list and on the national map?

I posted information about CedarLUG about a month ago and nothing happened.

Hi Brian -
Please send a note to lugnet.admin.general asking for the creation of the group.
I assume you want lugnet.org.us.cedarlug? Mention that in the post. Also, put
together a quick sentence Todd can use while creating the group description -
ie. where the club is based, etc.

As far as the LUGMap, I'm not sure who owns the project right now. I believe it
was Eric Kingsley, but not sure if he's still actively maintaining that. Try
sending a note to Eric, as well as Lenny Hoffman (lenny.hoffman at lugnet dot
com) to find out. Lenny is the Content Coordinator. If no one 'owns' the project
currently, we'll get someone on it. Because the LUGNET transition is s taking
priority, no guarantees on timeframe to get your LUG on the map itself.

Hope this answers your questions.

Tim Courtney
LUGNET Transition Project Manager