 Organizations / United States / 642
Re: Whats TEXLUG? was:(Re: Shell ???)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.tx
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2000 18:12:37 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Eric Kingsley writes:
Cool Shell stuff but this is going to be Off-Topic for .promo so follow-ups • set
to .org.us.

Karl
http://www.texlug.org
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hey whats this just wondering because I am updating the LUGMAP and was
wondering if I should add TEXLUG.  I don't remember hearing anything about it
and would like to know more.

Have you had any meetings?

How many members do you have?

etc. etc.

I am also partly interested because my work takes me to Austin quite often and
any chance to meet other LEGO Enthusiasts is great.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

TEXLUG is just a dream of mine right now.  It's an acronym for Texas LEGO User
Group.  So far it has one "member" - me!  I meet with myself often regarding
TEXLUG. :-)  Actually since it's just a dream at this point, there haven't
been any meetings.

My vision is to create a Lone Star state-wide user group.  A group that would
meet periodically bringing LEGO enthusiasts across the state together.  A
group that would encourage the creation of smaller, more community (or area)
centric groups within Texas.  A group that would be a hub in a network of
other Texas LEGO-maniacs.  Other parts of the vision include holding swap
meetings, doing "jambalaya" boxes, sponsoring building demonstrations and
exhibitions, perhaps a group trip to LEGOLAND California, etc.  I read a lot
about cool LEGO happenings, but they seem to be confined to either the
California/West coast area or the East coast area.  My hope is to bring some
of those LEGO happenings to Texas.

I'm not familiar with LUGMAP, but if it's a listing of different user groups
please include TEXLUG.  If you add TEXLUG to LUGMAP, please indicate that it
is just starting so that people's expectations are managed.

I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.  Being the father of three small children
and husband to one wife doesn't leave me a lot of time for getting out of the
area on LEGO expeditions, but I'm continually trying.

I'll include lugnet.loc.us.tx on this on see how much interest there is in
TEXLUG.  If anyone out there is interested in helping build TEXLUG, drop me an
e-mail at ideas@texlug.org or reply to this thread.

Happy building!

Karl
http://www.texlug.org