 Organizations / United States / 411
Subject:
GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:22:22 GMT

O.K. I mailed the GFLTC and FunBrix Boxcars today to John Neal of GMLTC for
the LEGO Kidvention and the PNLTC world record event. The shipping cost was
allot less then I thought it would be, only $3.20 plus .85 cents for the
insurance. I'll have pictures of the cars and tell you more about FunBrix soon.

How many other club/groups/people are sending boxcars? As far as I know the
GFLTC boxcar is the third car? (GMLTC 1st and NELUG 2nd) Is PNLTC sending a
car to GMLTC for the Kidvention? Is GMLTC sending a car to PNLTC for the world
record event? Is Todd or some one else making a LUGNET Boxcar/Caboose?

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC

Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
O.K. I mailed the GFLTC and FunBrix Boxcars today to John Neal of GMLTC for
the LEGO Kidvention and the PNLTC world record event. The shipping cost was
allot less then I thought it would be, only $3.20 plus .85 cents for the
insurance. I'll have pictures of the cars and tell you more about FunBrix soon.

How many other club/groups/people are sending boxcars? As far as I know the
GFLTC boxcar is the third car? (GMLTC 1st and NELUG 2nd) Is PNLTC sending a
car to GMLTC for the Kidvention? Is GMLTC sending a car to PNLTC for the world
record event? Is Todd or some one else making a LUGNET Boxcar/Caboose?

I am creating some containers for a few other groups and web sites, so I can take
care of making something to advertise LUGNET.  How about Brickshelf?  Kev?

BTW, a loco bearing LEGO stickers shall be the first; a boxcar with a FREDDIE
bearing the GMLTC logo will be last.  All other spots in between are up for
grabs;-)

-John

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC

Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:41:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Robin Werner writes:

How many other club/groups/people are sending boxcars? As far as I know the
GFLTC boxcar is the third car? (GMLTC 1st and NELUG 2nd) Is PNLTC sending a
car to GMLTC for the Kidvention? Is GMLTC sending a car to PNLTC for the world
record event? Is Todd or some one else making a LUGNET Boxcar/Caboose?

I will be hand delivering a BayLUG/BayLTC boxcar to the GMLTC at the Kidvention.

Russell

Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 04:29:05 GMT

Robin Werner wrote:

O.K. I mailed the GFLTC and FunBrix Boxcars today to John Neal of GMLTC for
the LEGO Kidvention and the PNLTC world record event. The shipping cost was
allot less then I thought it would be, only $3.20 plus .85 cents for the
insurance. I'll have pictures of the cars and tell you more about FunBrix soon.

How many other club/groups/people are sending boxcars? As far as I know the
GFLTC boxcar is the third car? (GMLTC 1st and NELUG 2nd) Is PNLTC sending a
car to GMLTC for the Kidvention? Is GMLTC sending a car to PNLTC for the world
record event? Is Todd or some one else making a LUGNET Boxcar/Caboose?

Build on...
Robin Werner
GFLTC

The NGLTC boxcar will be finished this weekend. I was trying get it done before
John's shipment of stuff went to Cali, but since I missed that deadline I figured
I'd redo the box car and make it a little more simple and sturdy. It might not be
as detailed as I had planned, but it should handle all the shipping just fine. I'd
hate for it to get busted and someone else try to make sense of my design. I have a
hard enough time doing that with my code here at work.

And I'm interested in seeing what a "FunBrix" is, please post some info soon Robin.

jt

ps Is there a show in Jacksonville, FL this fall? If so is the GFLTC going?

James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

Re: GFLTC Boxcar on the Way is yours? (was: Bitter Bob and the NELUG Boxcar)
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 01:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Robin Werner writes:
How many other club/groups/people are sending boxcars? As far as I know the
GFLTC boxcar is the third car? (GMLTC 1st and NELUG 2nd) Is PNLTC sending a
car to GMLTC for the Kidvention?

I have prepared only 2 containers, some further Germans have built boxcars
already.
First pictures are to be found here:

http://f22.parsimony.net/forum44542/messages/962.htm

http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/temp/container.jpg

But what we need most at this time is a address of someone of the PNLTC.

Please e-mail that to me or Paul Rutenberg: he is collecting all Geman models
for the world record train.

Best Regards,

Ben