 Organizations / SciBrick / 36
35  |  37
Subject:
First Look at Cosmic Rendevous Creations...(graphics heavy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 03:34:57 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

This past Sunday, (Oct 12), I went to the WAMALUG meeting in Arlington, Virgina, to pickup some models that will be displayed in the Challenger Center Cosmic Rendevous gala, which will take place in Houston Texas Friday, October 24.

The Challenger Center is an educational foundation created in the memory of the crews of Challenger 51-L, with a “vision to continue the educational mission of the Challenger crew.” The Center serves to inspire teachers and students alike to learn about space and technology in a direct, hands-on approach. A member of the Center attended Brickfest this year and invited SciBrick, in its first event, to be a part of its Cosmic Rendevous.

Models from Brickfest, as well as other new models will be displayed at the gala, with representatives from SciBrick attending: Felix Greco, Eric Sophie, and Joe Meno.

Here are models from WAMALUG that will be at the gala:

from Aaron Sneary:

Astronaut Bust:

Aaron is also providing his Marsbase Module and Mars Rover:

and

and from Nick Kappatos:

the Excavation Drill

his astronaut:

and a Quark:

from Joe Meno

MarsHab:

Mars Rover:

And of course a picture of our sig figs:

The complete gallery from the WAMALUG meeting, post moderation is here. And the website for the Cosmic Rendevous is here

Joe Meno

SciBrick Member

.space paparazzi!