 Organizations / SciBrick / 282
281  |  283
Subject:
Schleiffen Torpedo bomber...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 23:45:55 GMT

I don't usually post here on Lugnet, but figured I might as well considering
this is what I consider as one of my better minifig models.  Without further
ado, the Schleiffen Torpedo bomber:

With a crew of 3 (pilot, bombardier/weapons officer, tail-gunner), it has 8
fixed heavy cannons, 2 automated medium cannon turrets, a twin-cannon
rear-turret, 8 smaller missile hardpoints, 2 larger missile hardpoints, and an
internal rack system (i'll try to get some pictures of the rotary mechanism I
made) that holds 3 large missiles in each hull section (you can see the tips of
the missiles sticking out on either side of the cockpit.

It's probably for use in such things as starship-attacks, where a heavy missile
payload is important.

Not much more to say.  Let me know what you think.
It may take a while for Brickshelf to clear the folder for viewing.  Please be
patient.

-Austin
P.S. The other models in the "Mesarthrim" folder on Brickshelf are new as well,
but somewhat small, and much simpler.  They all use the triangular hull design I
made for the "Patton" fighter, which I continued in the Schleiffen.

P.P.S. I have build this model in real life, albeit with a more "rainbow" type
color scheme, thanks to the limitations of my personal lego collection.  I'd get
some pictures, but Ldraw = free, digicam = $$ (and between college and a new
house, me = no $$).

------

Exodus War Homepage
www.Exodus-War.net