 Organizations / GLUG / *108 (-5)
Subject:
Gamelug.org renewal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.glug
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:42:22 GMT

Registration renewal for gamelug.org is coming up next month, is anyone still
using this?  Or should I let it lapse?

- Mike.

Subject:
Pictures of Gaming at Foundation Con - BrickQuest, ESPG, & More
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:12:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

MichLUG (in participation with GameLUG) ran a track of games at the Foundation Gaming Convention in Okemos, MI the weekend of September 25&26. Peter Guenther ran BrickQuest and BrickMech, while Larry Pieniazek ran ESPG and Brick Battles.

Event Report and More Pictures

Enjoy!

Jason Spears
MichLUG/MichLTC
http://www.michlug.org

Re: Lego Gamimg at Foundation GameCon in Okemos, MI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:47:30 GMT

Thanks Jason! Nice work on the schedule table too!

Xpost to lugnet.gaming as an FYI.

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears wrote:
   MichLUG in participation with GameLUG will be running a track of games this weekend at the Foundation Gamimg Convention in Okemos, MI. Peter Guenther will be running BrickQuest and BrickMech. Larry Pieniazek (with help from Nik) will be running BrickBattles and ESPG. Admission to the convention is free, although playing in any of the Lego events will be $3 per player.

Here is the schedule:

Dates/Time:
   9am-11am
   12am-2pm
   2pm-4pm
   4pm-6pm
   7pm-9pm

Saturday, Sep 25th
   Brick Battles
   BrickQuest
   BrickQuest
   BrickQuest
   ESPG

Sunday, Sep 26th
   ---------
   BrickMech
   BrickMech
   ---------
   ---------

The Convention will be at the:
Okemos Holiday Inn Express
2187 University Park Dr
Okemos, MI. 48864-3975

Jason Spears
MichLUG/GameLUG

++Lar (excited to be running BrickBattles although I may be leaning on Nik for most of the combat resolution, he has more practice)

Subject:
Lego Gamimg at Foundation GameCon in Okemos, MI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:02:43 GMT

[...]

Subject:
BrickQuest and BrickMech at GenCon2004
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:19:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just got back from GenCon 2004 and GLUG had a great showing there.  We pretty
much had at least one game scheduled for every hour of the Con and delivered
several hundred player-hours of brick-based gaming goodness.

My photos focus on BrickQuest and BrickMech, but include some of James Seibert's
sessions of BrikWars and James Brown's sessions of Brick Battles.  The photos
are up, after moderation, at:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=95821(day 1)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=95822 (day 3)

A few highlights:
As soon as I saw the Prehistoric Creatures set, I knew I wanted to build a
dragon out of it.  I put it off and put it off, and ended up taking two copies
of the set to Indianapolis with me and building it in the hotel room the night
before the game.  The entire dragon is from pieces in that set (two copies)
except some of the black plates and hinges in the wings, which I made at home in
advance.  The dragon ended up being about twice the size I had originally wanted
(I only got the second copy of the set because I knew I'd need more
ball-and-socket hinges than one set had.)  I ended up telling people it was a
flightless cave dragon with just vestigial wings.

(WARNING: These photos are BIG.  I ran them through my PhotoShop reduce to 800,
medium quality JPG batch, but either it didn't do what it's supposed to or I'm
an idiot and zipped the wrong files.  Both are strong possibilities.)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0408gencon/day1/p1010022.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0408gencon/day1/p1010023.jpg

My BrickQuest sessions were two hours, so the dungeon was fairly modest:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0408gencon/day1/p1010024.jpg

BrickMech is my game of modular mech combat; I think I've got most of the kinks
worked out now and people really had a lot of fun with it at the Con:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0408gencon/day1/p1010025.jpg

I'll have rules and more of a website up for BrickMech within the next couple
weeks.

Frank Filz, Chris Weeks, Larry Pieniazek and James Seibert also ran a number of
Evil Stevie's Pirate games (multiple battle games and two campaign games), but
I'll let them say more about that.

Peter

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact