 Organizations / Canada / VicLUG / 34
Re: User Forum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Fri, 13 May 2005 18:26:35 GMT

Joseph (one of the "new" guys at last Tuesdays Meetup) has offered to create a
web-based discussion forum for VicLUG which he can create and host.
First: Thank you Joseph for coming on Tuesday!
Second: Thank you Joseph for the great offer.
Third: What does everybody else think?
The question: Should VicLUG use lugnet.org.ca.viclug or should we
take Joseph up
on his kind offer?
---
My PERSONAL response (to avoid replying to my own post. :)
I personally like the idea of using a web board but find LUGNET to
be fine (and
it has an option of receiving specific groups as email if you like.)
We would have more control over a local board but we would have less exposure
worldwide (which may be good or bad.)
The full features of LUGNET require a paid membership (which I keep meaning to
get) but you can post to it without being a paid member.
I would rather avoid more duplication and start using this forum
regularly. (And
maybe I would get off my butt and become a LUGNET member and see if we can't
start creating a good VicLUG presence on LUGNET.)

Hi Ted,
I think having a local and international presence are important to
keep us connected. I am currently a member of LUGNET if that is of
any use. If we choose to use a local forum we can post important info
to LUGNET. But if something already exists, then perhaps we should
give it a try. I would hate to have Joseph do bags of work to have us
not really use it. I think we should use the tools that exist and
build our presence as you say.
So did anyone show off some new MOCs or anything? Sad that I missed
the meeting.
I have built on of the castle corners, but will probably tear it
apart as it isn't working.
I am trying to build a house using the techniques mentioned in the
recent Classic Castle Forum.
See you soon,
Bert.
--
Bert Annear, Graduate Admission & Records  Officer, Graduate
Admissions & Records, University of Victoria, PO Box 3025, Victoria,