 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3401
3400  |  3402
Subject:
Point Motor Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 22:28:06 GMT

Hi folks,

I still occasionally get requests for information on my old automatic point
motor.  Well, I've long since moved to a more compact and reliable model, and
after the rtlToronto Train3 show last weekend, I've decided to post the
instructions for the new model.

This arrangement continuously cycles from one direction to the other - it's up
to the operator to stop the motor when the desired position is reached.

When run from a 6xAA battery box or train regulator, I've had no trouble with
this setup, even on sticky points.

I usually use a polarity switch setup on a single train reg to run each loop,
siding, and point motor in any desired combination.

Note - you'll have to build the mirror-image of the model if you wish to use
the other 'handedness' of point.  Not a difficult proposition, I'll leave it as
an exercise to the student :)

Jeff Elliott