 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14996
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:17:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:

   How "big" is LDCC? I'm *not* a coder, but it seems to me some enterprizing
soul could make a LDCC add-on for BrickOS, for instance, or the Swan firmware.
that way you could have LDCC as an "output format" on an RCX that otherwise is
just running "normal" RCX programs. Fully programmable, autonomous LDCC.

No need to write it, it already exists!  Find it here:

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/dcc.tar.gz

I never got around to actually posting this code in a public place as I've just
emailed it directly to interested individuals.  Anyways, there's a patch to
BrickOS, the DCC routines themselves and a small demo program in C for
controlling a locomotive to illustrate usage of the routines.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: RCX and train motors...
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:

   How "big" is LDCC? I'm *not* a coder, but it seems to me some enterprizing
soul could make a LDCC add-on for BrickOS, for instance, or the Swan firmware.
that way you could have LDCC as an "output format" on an RCX that otherwise is
just running "normal" RCX programs. Fully programmable, autonomous LDCC.

No need to write it, it already exists!  Find it here:

http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/dcc.tar.gz

I never got around to actually posting this code in a public place as I've just
emailed it directly to interested individuals.  Anyways, there's a patch to
BrickOS, the DCC routines themselves and a small demo program in C for
controlling a locomotive to illustrate usage of the routines.

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I've been using LDCC for a while now--very happy with it, btw...

Anyway, you say you have thins thing for BrickOS-I've never used that--I only
program in NQC

Is this routine adaptable to NQC so I can have NQC and LDCC running on the same
RCX or do I have to use the IR transmission as outlined in LDCC 1.05?

Dave K

Re: RCX and train motors...