 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14828
Re: Comments from a laundromat ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:44:25 GMT

yes. in some other post, GREG has on several occasions made very valid
suggestions for past games, and ideas.  so have many other people.
Calum and i always TRY to incorporate everything. but in the end we go
with our gut feeling on what might be "cool."

no debate, no committees, no meetings.  just me and calum, 2 egotistical
self centered SOB's who make a final decision trying amongst all hope to
not piss off too many people.

And this system has worked amazingly well for 19 competitions. But it's for this
reason you probably won't see me around on Feb. 11th. And as I've felt for quite
a while, our oppinion, in the end, doesn't count. They "TRY" (in captial
letters) to incorporate everything, but in the end it's "self centered SOB's who
make a final decision." To me it seems Chris has steam-rolled over every
suggestion that isn't his in this game. But hey, why not? We've been told up
front: "no debate, no committees, no meetings.  just me and calum*" Another
reason you probably won't see me around on Feb. 11th.

there may be other cool games, but when do we finally put our foot down
and say this is the game, these are the rules?

shrug.  its one of the reason why i tell people we have lots of space at
the library. not to be a SMUG A-hole, but to say, HEY, the space is
there, go forth and organize it.

If I were to organize another competiton, it wouldn't be in your library. Not to
be a smug a-hole...

-Greg

*and hey, Calum sure loves this event, don't he?