 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1339
1338  |  1340
Subject:
More LEGO dreams
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 11:44:30 GMT

While this one is fresh in my head I'd beter get it out!

It started out with me being at La Ronde (Montreal). I was in the queue for
Le Monstre (linge deux, naturally - Linge Un isn't as intense). I get on
board the train... and they don't load any other people. I'm the only one on
the train "Odd", I think to myself. The ops dont check my lap bar. So I
leave it up. Ride is of course unbeliveable; filled with loads of air.

Train stops, I get out. I'm in a department store, in the LEGO department. A
new train set is advertized! Well, it's not new, but it's actually a
classic; and it's marked $20! I go to get one, and discover it's gone. I
thought to myself "MARTIN MUST HAVE TAKEN IT!" It had a train engine in it,
a flatbed car, and one little delivery truck type thing.

Then, I was at... crap, I can't remember the station. It MIGHT have been Ile
Ste. Helene. But I go down the stairs, and wait for a train... and the most
amazing thing happens when a train pulls in. To signal that the train is
about to leave (because there ISNT ANY #%(@* CHIME), the small embossed
nameplate of that station, up on the surface, spirals quickly down the
stairs and disipears. So strange. So I get on the GIANT ORANGE TRAIN
(Lyons?!) and try to make my way to the back window; it's so fast
accelerating I find it a struggle (I know, from a physics standpoint that
doesn't make any sense). There are these girls, like, pushing up against the
window and banging on it (crazy crazy) so I jump up and lick the window and
they get all disgusted and freak out. This is so wrong, because in Montreal
the driver has a full-width cab. The train morphed into something
Adtranzish. But it's so right, because I'd do something like that (window
lick) in real life (in the right company).

I got to Cremazie (WHY!!!!!!!! HATE THAT STATION!!!!!! HAS A GIANT
PEACH-SHAPED BLUE TILE ON THE SIDE!!!!!!) and got out. GIANT STAIRCASE. I
get to the top, and there are these rollers that I had to climb over, and I
hurt my butt.

Then I was up on the street, OH YES, and I spotted not one, but TWO Vekoma
Boomerangs (The Bat, Le Boomerang, etc...) and I laughed, and tried to take
a picture but it didnt work. Then I was back at La Ronde... omg, was this a
looping dream?!

Oh well, now I'm rambling, and it doesn't matter. It had LEGO in it. Weird.
:)

    Iain