 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13129
Re: stepping up to the dead horse (was some other title)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:44:07 GMT

Hm...

I used to be extremely fanatic about LEGO, but I've long ago gotten to the point
that taking Lego seriously at all would mean getting depressed over it.

I just don't care enough about the toy these days to give a...eh, this is a
public forum.  If the products were good, I'd buy them.  They aren't, but you
won't see me losing any sleep.  I do miss the old days, and know how anybody who
wants those days back feels and why they'd take action.  Me?  I don't bother
thinking about it anymore.  Maybe in 2004 I spent $60 on Lego, and a lot of that
was Brinklink.  I haven't even bought any of the 2004 Star Wars sets, and I used
to be so enthusiastic that I've acquired 40 Stormtroopers and designed an
enclosed rebel hangar housing 6 fighters.  I think a company has to make a lot
of mistakes to utterly destroy that in a person, but I think that they've
managed.

I'm pretty apathetic about it.  I actually love Lego enough to still check up on
these forums and browse brickshelf a few times a week, aside from toying with it
a bit for an hour here or there every few days.  But I really do have to keep it
a trivial hobby in my mind, because if Lego meant as much to me now as it once
did, I'd be crushed.  Sometimes I'd like to think things were tolerable, but the
color changes couldn't be pardoned.

But I don't care enough any more to argue about it.

--Josh