 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13076
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 03:42:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
some of us recommended that those folks instead do something constructive about
it, for example, write a letter.  I've seen a few proposed letters go by, I
believe as a result.  While I may not necessarily agree with their intent or
content, I do give them kudos for attempting to do something "active" about
their concerns, rather than their continuing to rant all over LUGNET.  I only
post this because your post makes it sound like that's not a fair compromise.

Okay, but there's a way to go and write a letter, and there's one that fans the
flames even more.  Posting a petition list almost invites commentary, however
unjustified.

It's not just this latest petition thread, which in fact, could have been a lot
tamer, but plenty of others which start the churn again and again.  I'll give
you the most insignificant of examples:  The use of the word "bley".  In our
group, we've actively tried, at the suggestion of Derek, not to use this term,
because it gives credence to the whiners.  Yet everytime people use the word
"bley", it continues to perpetrate the stigma of what happens.  It's like
rubbing it in, long after the wound has closed.

Calum