 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12229
Subject:
Lego computer video game player
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:28:40 GMT

saw this on 'da Boing Boing

http://community.middlebury.edu/~tdooley/

its a "robot"  that press's all the buttons in the correct sequence to complete
the first level of Mario Brothers.

neat.

Chris

Re: Lego computer video game player
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:16:42 GMT

saw this on 'da Boing Boing

http://community.middlebury.edu/~tdooley/

its a "robot"  that press's all the buttons in the correct sequence to
complete the first level of Mario Brothers.

Pac-Man for the 2600 would be the ideal game to do this for.  Every screen has a
"perfect play" pattern, where you get every fruit, never hit a ghost unless
you're powered up, and are constantly moving.  Every screen is played through
twice in a row, so half of the screens are just a matter of exactly repeating
the screen before.  There are a finite number of mazes so you don't need to
constantly figure out new play patterns, and once you've cycled back through to
the same screen it just plays a bit faster, so you should be able to figure out
the timing multiplier between one full cycle of mazes and the next, allowing you
to just have to fuss around the first screen of every subsequent cycle.  And
there has only been one person in history who has successfully played through
the entire game with a perfect score (I think it takes something like 7 or 17
hours?), so your robot would be able to claim to be the first player in history
to repeat its perfect score.  And finally, you could secretly let the robot play
through all but the last screen, swap controllers and stash the robot, and then
call in your friends/family to witness you "beating" the game.

Re: Lego computer video game player
its a "robot"  that press's all the buttons in the correct sequence to complete
the first level of Mario Brothers.

Legendary.

Re: Lego computer video game player
its a "robot"  that press's all the buttons in the correct sequence to complete
the first level of Mario Brothers.

neat.

What kind of Crack is in your pipe?  can you say FEED BACK ??

:)

Re: Lego computer video game player