 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10034
Re: YYZ: New Terminal 1 Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:55:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
Unrelated to LEGO perhaps, but not to our area:  Sunday I went to the open
house for the New Terminal 1 at Pearson/YYZ.

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/transportation.html

Nothing short of breathtaking.  Safdie strikes again, reafirming his spot
with Calatrava and Erickson as my 3 favourite architects.  But Calatrava
slightly below Safdie and Erickson.  Because he's Spanish, and I don't like
Talgo.

    Iain

Unfortunately the pictures do not do that airport justice. But nice just the
same.

I have flown into that airport many times. Every time do, I hear a RUSH tune
playing through my mind. There it goes again.

For those who don't know what I am talking about the tune is YYZ by RUSH on the
album Moving Pictures.

Steve Weiser