 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 692
691  |  693
Subject:
Brickfest 2004 Thanks and Highlights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 04:29:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Awesome.  That's the only word I can use to describe last weekend.  Brickfest
2004 was the first LEGO festival of any sort I've attended but let me tell you
it will not be my last!  So many things to do, people to talk to and MOCs to
see.

As has been said before about events like this the biggest highlight by far was
meeting all of the amazing people.  People whose MOCs have astounded and
inspired me over the years.  People who have dedicated countless hours of their
lives to forward the LEGO community.  People who have the same passion for LEGO
that I do.  I could start naming names but it would include every person I met.

My only regret is that there are only 24 hours in one day.  There were too many
people I only managed to introduce myself to but didn't get a chance to actually
talk to.  Too many people I didn't even meet.  Too many sessions I missed.  The
Mindstorms competitions, Animation festival and Scibrick session were all at the
top of my list of things to see but I just could not find the time.

As many people have already said, and I'm sure many more will, a huge thanks to
everyone involved in putting on this event.  To Christina and Joe go my biggest
thanks, which is nothing really compared to the amount of time and effort they
sacrificed to make Brickfest 2004 a huge success.

Off the top of my head here are a few of the things I will never forget...

- The reactions of the public to all the great MOCs in the sci-fi room
- All the Canadians - CANADA!!!!
- Janey Red Brick
- Singing the Canadian National Anthem on the patio at Rocklands
- Rooting through the dumpster looking for Pamela's event kit bag - who would of
thought it would be in the lost and found :)
- Meeting people who were actually excited to see me!?!

Man, what a great weekend.  Throughout the drive home I was reliving so many
great moments even the customs agent rooting through my car couldn't dampen my
spirits.  I guess travelling from one capital city to another with LEGO as your
reason is suspicious!  Now that I'm home I am inspired to do so many things I
don't even know where to start.  I'll see you all next year, if not sooner!

Thanks again!