 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 591
590  |  592
Subject:
My LEGO 18 piece Burr puzzle - Building something that's not Spacey at all!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 13:19:42 GMT

Well, besides my continuing posting to LUGNET just ‘cause I can (and will continue to do so until they turn out the lights...) (1)

A few things

First, I wanted to see if I could actually build something non-space related after a many year focus on spacey things...

Secondly, since I was a kid and I built wooden ones, I’ve always wanted to make one out of LEGO bricks. I’ve seen it done previously, and I admire the effort and ‘buildmanship’ needed to make a Burr puzzle piece ‘back in the day’--before all these new pieces were produced...

But I waited until the 2 x 2 tile with studs came out before I had my ‘now it’s time’.

So now is the time I built it

My first LEGO 18 piece Burr Puzzle

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/albums/72157709396743761

The last pic shows my LEGO Burr with some of the wooden ones I made almost 40 years ago.

Anyway, this was fun, and I’m glad I did it. Now we return you to the regularly scheduled spacey things :)

Dave K