 Organizations / 683
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:00:21 GMT

Chris Gray wrote:

That sounds like mostly server-side stuff.

It is.

Have you figured out
yet what you are going to require from clients (users)?

As little as possible.  We want to make the content accessible in as many
different ways as possible, but preferably using existing protocols like NNTP,
SMTP and NNTP.

The reason I ask is that I'm an old-fashioned soul,
and am unlikely to use discussion groups that are not
NNTP-reachable, and am unlikely to visit web pages
that require Javascript.

You sound like a Jacob clone.  :-)

But it could be fun to make data accessible in a way so people can write costum
client software.

Play well,

Jacob
--
City X'ers delivery van (building instructions):
                  http://jacob.sparre.dk/CityXers/Kassevogn/