 Organizations / 675
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 04:53:57 GMT

In lugnet.build, Richard Morton wrote:
Hi everyone,

For some time now, a group of us have been discussing the concept of a LEGO
site that the community could truly call its own-- community owned,
designed, and operated. To this end, we have been endeavoring for more than
half a year to bring that concept to life. After the recent announcement
concerning WorldLUG, we decided that it would be a good time to bring this
into the public eye.

Who are we? Presently, the group is made up of 9 people: Jacob Sparre
Andersen, Steve Bliss, Dan Boger, Jennifer Boger, David Eaton, Sean Kenney,
Jake Mckee, Richard Morton, and Calum Tsang.

I have been reading quite a few defensive posts from Lugnet fanatics, so I
thought I would chime in.  I totally support what you guys are doing.  I think
it is the right direction.  I think the community is in some places stagnating,
and in other places fracturing, and i think this could help.

I do think it would be neat if Lugnet were actually part of this process, but my
understanding is that it won't (at least as far as the code that runs Lugnet).
However, the Lugnet community has come up with a lot of cool ideas, and well, I
hope you take a careful look at what it was trying to do.  Well, I bet you will.
Mostly, I wanted to say I believe in what you are doing, and hope it all turns
out well.

-Alfred