 Organizations / 666
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:14:37 GMT

Bruce Hietbrink <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote:
--Some people have said that having different message boards at
different sites is wasted, but I would contend that this is not how you
live your RL life. You don't take all your acquaintences and put them in
one big room (or even one building with many individual rooms) to have
your conversation. You go to work, and have groups of people you talk to
there, then you have the guys you play basketball with, then you have
your family, your LUG, your church, your neighbors, etc. Multiple

On the counterpoint -- I like it all in once place, since, for example, I
haven't done much train building, but I like to follow the cool stuff the
train people are doing. The centralized discussion area makes it easy to
quickly skim what's going on, without having to track a whole bunch of
differenct sites. And of course there's the synergy aspect -- classic
castle isn't *really* all that different from classic space. (Oh, the
blasphemy!)

I don't anticipate Todd dumping this site. I can't say I've ever
directly corresponded with him, but I suspect if he were to leave the
Brick forever he'd turn the reins of this site over to someone else
rather than dump it.

<http://news.lugnet.com/org/?n=663>

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>