 Organizations / 654
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:40:27 GMT

In lugnet.org, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
In lugnet.org, David Laswell wrote:
In lugnet.org, Matthew Miller wrote:
I'm surprised you guys haven't thrown up a splash page or something, at
least. Maybe with a "mission statement" and info on getting involved.

I'm not.  Until they have explicit permission from TLC to register a domain name
containing their trademarked brand name, it would be a blatant violation of
trademark rights to do so.  Not a good way to start off this proposed
relationship with TLC, wouldn't you think?

On a technical note, the domain is ALREADY registered.  It has been since
august:

Domain Name: LEGOFAN.NET
Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net
Referral URL: http://domainhelp.tucows.com
Name Server: NS1.DOMAINDIRECT.COM
Name Server: NS2.DOMAINDIRECT.COM
Name Server: NS3.DOMAINDIRECT.COM
Updated Date: 18-aug-2003
Creation Date: 18-aug-2003
Expiration Date: 18-aug-2004

It doesn't say WHO registered it, but my hope would be that it was someone
involved with the project in anticipation of being approved to use it.

Troy

Not sure what whois info you are looking at - but here is the full report:
(same info as legofan.com)

Registrant: Dan Boger 243 White St Belmont, MA 02478 US
Domain name: LEGOFAN.NET
Administrative Contact: Boger, Dan  domains@peeron.com
243 White St
Belmont, MA 02478
US
+1.6174892669

Technical Contact:
Domain, Direct  dnstech@domaindirect.com
96 Mowat Avenue
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165350123
Fax: +1.4165312516

Registration Service Provider: Domain Direct, help@domaindirect.com
1-416-531-2084
http://www.domaindirect.com
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.
Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 18-Aug-2003.
Record expires on 18-Aug-2004.
Record created on 18-Aug-2003. D