 Off-Topic / Testing / Foo / 95
Re: Well, that was a short lived reign...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.test.foo
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:28:31 GMT

SILENCE PEONS... AND ALIENS!

Jeff VW
Acting King

Hey this IS fun :)

jeff, jeff, jedd

oops, some rice got stuck in my keyboarf.

regarding this:

SILENCE PEONS... AND ALIENS!

umm, well, with great power comes GREAT responsibility.  (hey, that sounds
cool.  I like it.  I think I'll make it part of my sig)

anywau......

as I was saying. you cant just com,mand people to do your bidding.  especially
not subjects of test.foo

I mean .foo subjects are a rare Lugnet breed.  think about it.  do you see
vineet here?  NO.  do you see Iain; or Christina?? NO.  how about Tim C, or
even the famous Ross Crawford ( http://news.lugnet.com/admin/curators/?n=351 )
again the answerrrrrr  <-- more rice

is because foo people are freaks.

lets be bulnt   <--- just a typo

who in there <-- skipped their, there, they're grade 4 class

right mind, reads a NG dedicated to TESTINF??  <-- rice

and not just any test.  carefully read the charter of this group:

      Off-topic, non-discussion area for testing and/or experimenting with
      newsreader setup/configuration, signature files, line wrapping, etc.

see, right they're  in black and white.  we cant even talk here.

it says so in the rules.  BUT we're foo people. we don't follow rules.
(especially Calum Tsangs)

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/album-md80cockpit.jpg

so.... in closeing.  <---maybe a spelling thing

to get people in foo to do anything, you have to be subtle.

its almost like reverse psychology.  here, I can prove it.

When I took over .foo, I wanted a real cool lugnet front page.   but how was I
to change it?  I couldn't.  Lar==  <--- rice

was the curator.  he had the power.  but i wanted the site changed.  now. Lar==
can be a stubborn guy.  we all know that.  but he has a gift. so I could not
just e-mail larry, say

".. hey larry I want to be king of .foo, and oh, BTW can you change the web?"

he'd laugh.

no I had to be Subtle.

Plan....

scheme.

and so this:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/foo/?n=44

notice the subtle hint at Larr++ name?  I know lar reads EVERY group. and if he
does not, he uses the search feature and does a quick scan for phrases like
"lar, Lar++, Larry..:"

so I know it was only a matter of time before he saw that.

so the trap was set. then came the careful sniffing of the bait:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/foo/?n=58

it was at that point that I started to pull on the string, attached to the
stick, that snared him to do my bidding.  Notice:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/foo/?n=59

and the final result:

http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/foo/

the web page is COOL!!!   the web page has pictures of strong bad. (in lego)

see. mission accomplished.

(psst. don't tell anyone but that's how I secretly run most of rtltoronto and
how I get Bruce to build robots)

Chris
King
with great power comes GREAT responsibility